Thursday, January 20, 2011

"You are so Strong"

"You are so strong" is what I hear from strangers, friends and family.

What does that mean exactly?

I saw a story on the news the other day about another widow.  They called her strong too.

I do not consider what I am being as "strong".  Why not?  Because I am just doing what I have to do to make it through each day...make it through each challenge that lurks around the corner. 

This situation was forced upon me and I am just surviving. I would not say I am being strong. How can anyone be strong who has lost their spouse, their love?

Do people say this to for their own personal reassurance that if I am OK, they are OK?

People have the best of intentions, but most can never truly understand.

1 comment:

  1. I get this all the time too. And you're exactly right. We are surviving. But, over time I think we do get stronger. But not because we wanted to... because it was forced upon us. It is a heavy crown we have to bare.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete